BLOX TotalCMS Software Releases
The primary purpose of this update is to modernize the SAMBA networking protocols used by the Appliance OS.
This update appears to be extremely reliable for Windows sites. We are, however, recommending that MacOS sites install 2.18.0 as quick as possible as it addresses some minor irritations in the 2.17.1 SAMBA update at MacOS sites.
Click for details. Read more
The Appliance Release 2.19.0 will discontinue support for MacOS prior to OS X 10.9. OS X 10.9 is also known as Mavericks and it was released in October of 2013. Sites using older versions of OS X will need to upgrade to at least this version to continue using BLOX Total CMS if they update to Appliance 2.19.0.
Windows users are not affected by this change. Read more
This table provides a matrix of Adobe InDesign/InCopy versions and various versions of MacOS and Windows versions and indicates if the combination is supported or recommended by TownNews' BLOX Total CMS product team and/or Adobe. Read more
Since its release, TownNews staff have been in the process of testing the latest version of Adobe's Creative Cloud 2018. We are very optimistic about its reliability. For sites already using Creative Cloud 2017, they should upgrade.
Read the summary of our testing, including any issues we've encountered... Read more
Appliance OS version 2.17.0-x is a large update with numerous client facing features. Upgrades include BLOX CMS, Syndication Tool, Associated Press, Page Tracker and BLOX Total CMS client for Adobe InDesign. Numerous Appliance specific changes were made as well. Read the entire article to learn the nuances of this important upgrade. Read more
Appliance OS Release Version 2.16.1 is a systems release to improve stability, reliability and accurate diagnostics of replication and other systems based features.
There are no client facing functionality.
This version has gone through a full Beta release cycle and there are no known issues. Read more
On May 31, 2017, Adobe will stop supporting older, “download and install” versions of the Adobe Creative Suite, which includes InDesign and InCopy. Products that will no longer be supported by Adobe include InDesign CS5, CS 5.5 and CS6.
Find out how this impacts customers using BLOX Total CMS. Read more
The 5.19.x release is a large client update focusing primarily on bug fixes and performance enhancements. The 5.19.x release is the first one fully supporting the Article Designer or Storytelling Tools included with Appliance OS 2.17.0
Follow the link to see all the great changes. Read more
Appliance update 2.15.0 was beta released on 7 February 2017 and is now considered a stable release. It has many features clients have been asking for. Internally it includes:
- CMS 1.32.2-4
- Page Tracker 1.2.0
- Associated Press 4.8.0
- Syndication Tool 1.7
- Numerous Appliance OS Changes
Version 5.16 of the BLOX Total CMS client includes many improvements that make this version a desirable upgrade.
- There is now a built in control to prevent updating page tracker from completed pages.
- It corrects a problem with naming pages during output.
- Both the installation and the launch processes properly decompress the framework package that our MacOS clients can use to communicate with the appliance.
- The client now supports the Page Breaks found in the browser interface.
- Do Not Publish can now be set for assets using the Clone and Move function.
- Both Last Modified (time stamp) and Last Modified By (user name) are now available as options in the Adobe InCopy and Adobe InDesign Asset Manager.
- Color Factory JRF files are supported.
- A bug with exporting multiple paragraphs with different alignments has finally been fixed.
- Page Workflows are now set when using Create Pages.
- The creation of pub code folders inside the Page Design Snippets can now be disabled for sites that don't want to use them.
- Finally, we now support Adobe InDesign templates with unequal margins.
Read the full release notes for additional details Read more
The 5.15 release is a solid release containing over 70 development tickets. Highlights include:
- Includes a major new feature for Adobe InDesign Creative Cloud users: Clone & Move. Clone & Move is designed to simplify page creation for sites that reuse content across multiple publications. In addition to allowing page items to be moved to other pages, it can clone the content and is great for sites that produce multiple editions and zones as well as alternate publications.
- We now support Image Toning with Claro.
- Another new feature now allows an article asset that is duplicated as part of the Pre-Placed Asset Policy to also duplicate any pre-placed child images.
- Numerous bugs were fixed.
See the full release notes for additional details. Read more
Version 5.14 is a major release of the TCMS client software that includes several notable new features, fixes for more than 80 bugs or errors, and a variety of performance & stability enhancements, including:
- MAJOR FEATURE: Support for Page Content Types
- NEW: Integration with Atex ad layout systems
- Increased data transfer/upload limits (100MB)
- Enhancements when working with merged articles
- Improvements & bug fixes for Page Tracker
- Enhancements & bug fixes for sites producing Segmented Live e-Editions
- Fixes & improvements when working with trimmed text & inline notes
- Improved support for inline assets
- Fixes & improvements related to Adobe InCopy Assignments
Review a Summary of Major Changes in this release.