Super Bowl LI is almost here! Get your site game day ready with these ideas from our playbook.Read more
Recently, I received a call from one of our larger media partners. A staff change had presented the perfect opportunity to refresh training materials and resources. They were especially looking for resources for DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP), the ad server program used here.Read more
Christine Masters, director of product management at TownNews.com, shares exciting tips and techniques to help you find ways to make money in the new year.Read more
TownNews.com and Bang Showbiz are teaming up to bring you top-notch celebrity stories from the world's premier entertainment news agency. From baby bumps to rehab, find the latest trending buzz on celebrities, movies, music, TV and more.Read more
Two big changes are coming from the digital ad world: the standardization of ad impression measurement and reporting, and the introduction of flexible ad format sizes. We’ll explain what these mean and what you need to do.Read more
BLOX Total CMS appliance updates
Version 5.17 of the client concentrates on some major changes in output options as part of TownNews' 2017 initiates for BLOX Total CMS.
Read the complete release notes for how to take advantage of these changes.
Version 5.16 of the BLOX Total CMS client includes many improvements that make this version a desirable upgrade.
- There is now a built in control to prevent updating page tracker from completed pages.
- It corrects a problem with naming pages during output.
- Both the installation and the launch processes properly decompress the framework package that our MacOS clients can use to communicate with the appliance.
- The client now supports the Page Breaks found in the browser interface.
- Do Not Publish can now be set for assets using the Clone and Move function.
- Both Last Modified (time stamp) and Last Modified By (user name) are now available as options in the Adobe InCopy and Adobe InDesign Asset Manager.
- Color Factory JRF files are supported.
- A bug with exporting multiple paragraphs with different alignments has finally been fixed.
- Page Workflows are now set when using Create Pages.
- The creation of pub code folders inside the Page Design Snippets can now be disabled for sites that don't want to use them.
- Finally, we now support Adobe InDesign templates with unequal margins.
Read the full release notes for additional details
The 5.15 release is a solid release containing over 70 development tickets. Highlights include:
- Includes a major new feature for Adobe InDesign Creative Cloud users: Clone & Move. Clone & Move is designed to simplify page creation for sites that reuse content across multiple publications. In addition to allowing page items to be moved to other pages, it can clone the content and is great for sites that produce multiple editions and zones as well as alternate publications.
- We now support Image Toning with Claro.
- Another new feature now allows an article asset that is duplicated as part of the Pre-Placed Asset Policy to also duplicate any pre-placed child images.
- Numerous bugs were fixed.
See the full release notes for additional details.
Software & service updates
We are releasing an emergency update of Flex Templates today to fix an edge case which cause…
In this Zen Templates release, we are changing how end users are able to log into the site. Instead of a popup login box, end users will be directed to a secure page where they can log in. This behavior is being enforced by modern browsers. There are also several other bug fixes in this release.
In this new version of BLOX Associated Press integration, we are making minor improvements to the methods we use to connect to AP, update stories and serve stories in the BLOX admin. There may be a slight improvement in the amount of time it takes to download and show AP stories on your site.
We are making infrastructure changes that should not be noticeable to admin or front-end users. If you experience any issues or have any questions, please contact customer support at (800) 293-9576 or TownNews.com/support.
In this major BLOX Ad-Owl release, we're excited to introduce the new Order Entry Wizard. This wizard will allow CSRs the opportunity to create and submit new orders from the BLOX admin thus allowing sites greater access to fulfilling their print and online classifieds.
In this Flex Templates release, we are adding some new improvements to help with design display of blocks, and we are adding the original publish date to articles that have been updated.
In this release we are making infrastructure changes that should not be noticeable to admin or front-end users. If you experience any issues or have any questions, please contact customer support at (800) 293-9576 or TownNews.com/support.
You've come to the right place.
- Search our documentation
- Submit a ticket
- Schedule a product demo
- Request a live training
- Visit our customer community
- Talk to a salesperson
Though we encourage customers to create support requests using our convenient ticketing system, requests can also be made by calling
Is TN familiar w/ the ability, through Google Chrome, to send a reader notifications if they opt-in? Been seeing this a little more frequently…
Can we somehow limit ads on short stories? It just looks REALLY bad to break a couple of sentences up like this.
I'm using the top story list block on our homepage for some festival coverage. I like this block, but I always want to have a story with an as…
When a story is updated and you choose to declare it an "important update" so the story says "updated" with the date and time the story was up…
First, thanks so much for adding the Broadcast feature to the TCMS. It's a very useful feature that will certainly get a lot of use.
The Herald-Dispatch has entered a feature request to add email and social media sharing options to the e-edition.
Revenue resolutions: Easy ways to make more money from your site in 2017